Friday, September 6, 2013

B-Belly

Being plus-size while pregnant isn't ideal. The usual pains that come with hauling a watermelon-sized uterus are typically already in place before a plus-size woman even finds herself pregnant. As a big girl I can tell you without any shame that my greatest obesity-related ailments are heel spurs, lower back pain, and more chafing than you can shake a stick at. (I never said this blog would be sexy). But the biggest bummer when you're a plus-size mama is the B-Belly.

A classic B-Belly, courtesy of community.babycenter.com

What's the B-Belly, you ask? It's the sillouette an overweight woman's stomach makes when she's pregnant. Most normal size women bloom into a lovely D-shaped belly, where as us big girls, with our layer upon layer of stored fat tend to make a B-shaped belly when our tummies finally "pop". I'm currently obsessed with Googling images of B-Bellies.

As of now, I haven't really grown forward, per se, more side to side.  My mid-section has thickened and I feel like I look like your average chubby woman. The good news is, for the first time in, like, forever, I don't see a big fat disappointment when I look in the mirror. I see a woman with a beautiful, efficient, natural, working body. I know my flaws are there, but I really don't give a shit. Those who know just how tormented I've been by my body and my issues surrounding food since the age of nine know just how revolutionary this is. And I have my unborn child to thank. This is the time of my life, and I know it. The only thing that can (and will) make it better is going from "average chubby woman" to "adorable pregnant lady". In due time, Tay Tay, in due time.

prebabyblog.com
A gorgeous belly. I don't know this woman, but I'm pretty sure I hate her.  Just kidding. Girl Power. 

I plan on posting weekly belly pics beginning Tuesday (the official end of my first trimester, and the official beginning of my 15th week). Spoiler alert! I will look nothing like the crop-top rocking chick above. And that's okay.

~taylormade

No comments:

Post a Comment